Indivisible KC Kansas Actions: Week of October 23
Many thanks to those who attended the Rush Hour Rally for Healthcare! Your tireless efforts to beat back the zombie-like force of those who would leave millions uninsured are commendable, necessary, and historic.
In national news this past week,
- Trump acted egregiously towards a Gold Star family by referring to La David Johnson as “your guy.”
- Congress passed a Budget, moving them closer to a Tax Reform that pushes the Brownback Experiment on the federal level.
- According to a survey conducted by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, between October 12 through 16, 61 percent said the country’s gun laws should be tougher, while 27 percent would rather see them remain the same and 11 percent want them to be less strict,
- And, the national rate of uninsured has ticked up again, probably because of uncertainty about the future of the ACA and higher costs for healthcare coverage.
In Kansas news this past week, legislators have written a letter to Senate President Susan Wagle urging her to work on Kansas Supreme Court order to fix public school funding. The court gave the Legislature an April 30 deadline for when the state must file a brief explaining what actions it will take to remedy the situation. This ties in with Kansas City's bid for a new Amazon HQ. Both Kansas and Missouri worked on a bi-state proposal, but the funding of public schools fiasco could lower the chances, since Amazon seeks highly-educated and highly-trained workers. We'll see if this sways any votes in the coming legislative session.
In Indivisible KC this coming week, we have consolidated our week of events into one nicely packaged list of actions for you!
Tuesday, October 24
Come hear experts and find out how the happenings in DC will affect KanCare locally. Click HERE for details.
Thursday, October 26
We will visit Rep. Yoder's office to ask him to vote YES on the Bipartisan Healthcare Fix introduced by Senators Alexander and Murray. Click HERE for details.
- Call To Action: Reauthorize CHIP. Click HERE for details.
- Pledge to Vote in the November 7 local elections. Click HERE for details.
- Be an Indivisible KC volunteer. Click HERE for details.
Thank you for your persistence. We just can't let up.
The IndivisibleKC Team