Indivisible KC Week in Action: Kansas, October 30th
Hello fellow Kansans,
We were delighted to see so many of you out at the KanCare Community Event in Overland Park this past week. Your passion to learn, to act, and to get into the community on this issue is truly inspiring. We know that this energy will translate into results that make life better for all of us. We know that in spite of setbacks and tragedies, big and small, national or far too close to home, we're all in this fight together. And we can win.
On Friday, we learned that Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team has reportedly filed the first criminal charges as part of the sprawling inquiry into Moscow’s interference in the 2016 presidential election. The resistance continues.
Here's what we're up to this week:
Thursday, November 2:
- Visit the office of Senator Moran to oppose the Brownback Tax Experiment at the national level, which benefits the wealthy at the expense of the working and middle classes.
- Go vote! In-person advance voting for the November 7th elections begins in most area counties this week. Local elections are the best way to make an impact on your daily life.
- Call your Senators and ask them to support the Alexander-Murray bill, a bipartisan bill to stabilize the health insurance market.
For more information on these upcoming events, simply click on the related picture under Actions.
Save the date! On Wednesday, November 8th, we're hosting an Indivisible KC Community Event, a great opportunity to build relationships and accountability with people who are resisting alongside us. More details coming soon!
You want more? Here are Indivisible national's top priorities this week:
- Stop the Trump Tax Scam
- Help get out the vote in Virginia -- from home!
- Call your Members of Congress about Alexander-Murray, reauthorizing CHIP, and standing up for the DREAMers.
Keep calling, keep writing, keep showing up -- and most important, GO VOTE (and bring a friend)! We know that elections really do matter, from the most local office to the most national.
The Indivisible KC Team