Action Utah Tour & Talk: Spotlight on Suicide Prevention
Start: Wednesday, November 20, 2019•12:00 PM
What's happening with suicide prevention in Utah, and how can YOU impact the issues?
Join Action Utah leaders and members on Capitol Hill during Interim Session on November 20th to find out.
Spotlight on Suicide Prevention
Suicide is a serious issue facing our state, and policy makers are weighing new ways to reduce suicides and ensure that recovery remains the norm.
This Tour & Talk will cover:
- What’s happening with suicide prevention initiatives
- What new policies are being proposed
- Specific ways community members can get engaged to make an impact
- Plus, get a tour of the Capitol Campus during the Interim Session.
Bring a bag lunch, and join us for the lunchtime hour. This event is free and open to the public, but space is limited, so please be sure to register today!
Guest speakers TBD.
* Optional: Attend public Interim committee meetings before or after (meetings run from 8:30a-4:15p - find the meeting schedule on the State Legislative Calendar).
Details: Meet in the Seagull Room in the Senate (East) Building next to the parking lot (map). Allow time for parking!
PS - For information on how to advocate within and understand how the Legislature works, please attend our "Interim 101!" events August 21st or October 16th. Event information here.