From Palestine to the U.S.-Mexico Border, Tell Elbit to stop Making a Killing on Killing
Start: Friday, December 06, 2019•11:30 AM
End: Friday, December 06, 2019• 1:00 PM
Location:Elbit Systems•220 Daniel Webster Highway, Merrimack, NH 03054
Host Contact Info: Will@firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us in for a peaceful vigil and protest: "Tell Elbit Systems to stop profiting from Making a Killing on Killing".
Elbit is Israel's largest weapons manufacturer. They provide technology for surveillance drones that transmit the location of activists at the Great March of Return to Israeli snipers. Elbit's surveillance program has pressured immigrants to seek other, more dangerous routes of entry, resulting in 7500 known deaths and disappearances on the US-Mexico border from 1998 to 2018. Elbit Systems U.S. subsidiary's cashing in on contracts with U.S. Customs and Border Protection to build surveillance towers along the U.S.-Mexico border.
This action is hosted by: Palestine Education Network, NH Peace Action Education Fund, The NH Alliance for Immigrants & Refugees, The Alliance for Water Justice in Palestine and endorsed by: Massachusetts Peace Action, Jewish Voice for Peace-VT/NH, Veterans For Peace, UV In Interfaith Project, American Friends Service Committee-NH Program, Code Pink: Women for Peace .
Infographic by the Trans National Institute.
PLEASE NOTE there is no parking at Elbit Systems.
DIRECTIONS AND PARKING FOR ELBIT VIGIL/PROTEST – 12 – 6 -19
1. Distance from Common Man Restaurant overflow parking lot to Elbit = .9 of a mile. Elbit is at 220 Daniel Webster Highway, Merrimack NH, while the Common Man Restaurant is located at 304 Daniel Webster Highway.
2. Parking areas:
A. The overflow parking area below the Common Man Restaurant, 304 Daniel Webster Highway, Merrimack NH, has up to 14 spaces. First come, first serve!I drove out on Dec.4th and found that the snow plows had not cleared the entire lot. Am hoping it will be clear by morning of Dec. 6tth! Below the Common Man Restaurant overflow is a Dunkin Donuts where some spaces are available. You might want to buy something first!
B. Across from the Common Man is a TD bank with some parking. However, use at your own discretion as it is a private facility.
C. A potential third area for parking is located at a Dartmouth-Hitchcock Primary Care facility at 294 Daniel Webster Highway. There is plenty of parking but, again, use your own discretion. At noon today, there were plenty of empty spaces.
D. A fourth area that is available is on Smith Road. To get there, take a right on Daniel Webster Highway right after passing VFW Post 8641 at 282 Daniel Webster Highway. Turning right on Smith Road, you will see a small mall with a “Pizzaroma” sign, but keep driving on Smith Road and you will notice enough spaces to park on the right side of the road.
3. People traveling on the interstate from either the North or the South, take Exit 11 and follow sign to Daniel Webster Highway (Route 3)
4. PEN has a volunteer shuttle driver for transporting people to and from Elbit if participants park in the Premium Outlets Mall. Gail Page will be driving a blue Prius with an Elbit sign in the window. Her cell phone is Star 82 603-573-0326.
5. From Elbit to Merrimack Premium Outlets parking lot = 1.9 miles. (Merrimack Outlets – 80 Industrial Drive, Merrimack, NH). To get to the Merrimack Premium Outlets, you will drive past Elbit to a set of lights. Turn Right when you see a Sign that has both Industrial Drive and Continental Boulevard on it. Keep going past two sets of lights and you will see the huge sign for Premium Outlets. Turn right and drive up the hill and turn left into the Mall area. Look for Will who will have a light Blue Honda Odyssey.
A. Use parking area in front of the stores “ Bose,” “Saucony,” and “Sperry”& the high tower that says “Merrimack Premium Outlets.”
6. PEN encourages car-pooling!
7. Experiencing problems? Call Will T. at 603-321-8838.