Green New Deal for Public Schools Rally!
Start: Sunday, September 26, 2021•12:00 PM
End: Sunday, September 26, 2021• 4:00 PM
This Sunday, September 26th at 12 PM, NYC DSA’s Ecosocialist Working Group is holding a rally to pressure Senator Schumer to pass the Green New Deal for Public Schools, proposed by Rep. Jamal Bowman and included it in the upcoming budget reconciliation package. We will begin at Bryant Park at 12PM, where together we'll paint posters for the rally, then at 2PM we'll march to Schumer’s office in Manhattan to put the pressure on!
The Green New Deal for Public Schools is the first step towards building a future that we deserve:
- Invests 1.4 trillion dollars into our public school system over 10 years.
- Provides resources to schools that have been ignored for so long, providing healthier buildings as well as retrofitting public schools to be carbon-free.
- Hires teachers and support staff to reduce the teacher-student ratio.
- Create’s 1.3 million jobs.
- Provides restorative justice to underfunded and ignored schools in BIPOC districts.
The science is clear: the flooding we saw recently due to Hurricane Ida will continue because of Climate Change. Additionally, for too long low income, mostly black and brown schools have been overlooked by lawmakers. It is past time to provide safe, environmentally sound, and just education for all our young students.
Please join us in protecting our children and our planet!