Hereford - Global Day of Action for Climate Justice
Start: Saturday, November 06, 2021•12:00 PM
- Hereford - Global Day of Action for Climate Justice, 6th Nov
- Meet noon, Hereford High Town, for short vigil. Bring a placard if you can.
- Vigil noon. Information Stalls in High Town 10 am to 3pm
- Other events during afternoon, all in or around Hereford High Town
Join the Global Day of Action for Climate Justice!
Make sure to RSVP for updates and reminder of the Global Day of Action.
On 6 November 2021, as world leaders meet in Glasgow for the COP26 Global Climate Summit, towns and cities across the world will take to the streets demanding global climate justice.
We are living through a period of multiple breaking points - from climate to covid to racism. We know that these crises not only overlap, but share the same cause. While no one can escape the impacts of these crises, those who have done least to cause them suffer the most. Across the world, the poorest people and communities of colour are too often those bearing the brunt of the climate crisis. From coastal villages in Norfolk whose sea-defences are eroding faster than ever, to people living by the Niger Delta rivers blackened by oil spillage.
The Era of Injustice is Over: Our Time is Now
Justice won’t be handed to us by world leaders or delivered by corporations. So far, governments have done too little too late: colluding with corporations and hiding behind green washed ‘solutions’ that actually don’t exist yet, that don’t address the scale of the problem, and in many cases rely on more exploitation of people and the planet.
6 November: Join us one of the actions being organised across the world or organise your own so that we can be loud and clear to the world leaders discussing our future: we want climate justice now!
COP26: Why does it matter?
World leaders and experts will meet in Glasgow in November at the global climate talks, COP26. The decisions made at COP26 will shape how governments respond (or not) to the climate crisis. They will decide who is to be sacrificed, who will escape and who will make a profit. COP26 is happening at a crucial moment in history. Across the world and across movements, we are seeing a new wave of resistance, global solidarity and grassroots organising. We have a unique opportunity to rewire our system as we recover from the pandemic. We can either intensify the crisis to the point of no return, or lay the foundations for a just world where everyone’s needs are met.
- Fight For 1.5
- We Need Real Zero, Not Net Zero
- Keep It In The Ground: No New Fossil Fuel Investments Or Infrastructure
- Reject False Solutions: No To Carbon Markets And Risky And Unproven Technologies
- Start The Justice Transition
- Fair share of effort from all rich countries
- Cancel the debts of Global South by all creditors
- Grant-based climate finance for the Global South
- Reparations for the loss and damage already happening in the Global South
Find out more about our movement and message: cop26coalition.org/about/what-do-we-want/Join us for the People’s Summit: 7-10th Sep: cop26coalition.org/peoples-summit/