Organizing for Justice: Essential Skills
Start: Monday, January 25, 2021•10:30 AM • Central Daylight Time (US & Canada) (GMT-05:00)
End: Thursday, January 28, 2021• 3:00 PM • Central Daylight Time (US & Canada) (GMT-05:00)
Meet this moment with us: sharpen your organizing skills with us in an intimate, interactive online training.
Over the course of four days, you will:
- Connect with other organizers
- Develop strategic campaigns based on deep power analysis
- Learn to inject a racial justice & root cause analysis into your organizing
- Understand how to be more effective in your outreach and recruiting (even during this crisis)
- Reflect on your practice
- 4 day training: January 25, 26, 27, & 28
- Daily timing: 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM Eastern Time -- including 1 hour break for lunch, plus other breaks throughout. Feel free to snack and do your thing - we are all in this together!
- Optional Happy/Coffee Hours: January 26, 4:00 Eastern Time & January 28, 10:30 Eastern Time -- we are offering extra chances to connect with your fellow organizers and trainers and do deeper dives into some topics. We urge you to consider joining one of our coffee hours for an informal conversation.
We are offering a sliding scale for these online trainings because we want them to be accessible to everyone.
During registration, you will be asked to select your organizational budget. The amount you will be charged is displayed there as well.
After registration, you will receive TWO emails - one automatically from Action Network; one from Midwest Academy with your invoice and a payment link (that one might take a few business days).
- We will cap each training at 25 people. Expect to participate in discussions in the full group as well as in breakout rooms.
- We will use Zoom Meetings for all trainings. You can join by browser, but the App is recommended (we like to annotate and use reactions).
- Shortly before the training, you will receive an email with some more details - including the Zoom link, final agenda, and a brief participant list (first name, org, role, and state for those who consented).
If you have ANY questions or concerns, or want to be added to a waitlist, please reach out to us: email@example.com