Let's take Democracy Back! Our Wisconsin Revolution-Milwaukee Meeting
Start: Thursday, October 19, 2017• 5:30 PM
End: Thursday, October 19, 2017• 7:30 PM
Let's take Democracy Back
Join us for our next OWR-Milwaukee meeting.
Special Guest Speaker: Reggie Jackson
- Doors open at 5:30 pm for snacks, refreshments, and networking.
- Child Care is provided upon request on this RSVP.
- Program starts at 6 pm - our guest speaker will present followed by a Q&A.
- We will then update on OWR's effort at the State level and our organizing and collaboration in Milwaukee.
- At 7:30 the meeting concludes with announcements and more networking.
Reggie Jackson, is a dynamic speaker and a known authority on Milwaukee's segregation, race relations, and the history of racism. He is the Head Griot (docent) of America's Black Holocaust Museum and a board member of Rid Racism Milwaukee. He is the 2017 winner of the Frank P. Zeidler Public Service Award from the City of Milwaukee
We need to take Wisconsin back. This country was created by and for we the people to escape the overbearing control of the ruling class. Yet over the past few decades, we’ve seen democracy gobbled up by corporate moguls determined to turn our country into an oligarchy. Funders donate thousands of dollars to campaigns and dinners to have a few words with political candidates in return for political favors that will bring them a return on investment. All at the expense of we the people.
“Enough is enough. This country and our government belong to all of us, not just a handful of billionaires.” -Bernie Sanders
We need to take action. Government must be taken into our own hands. Together we can build a team of leaders who will operate at all levels of government from the local municipalities to the governor’s office. That’s what Our Wisconsin Revolution is all about. We need to fight together for the following demands:
- Get big money out of politics
- Medicare for all
- $15 an hour minimum wage
- Rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure
- Free public higher education
- Ending mass incarceration
- Transitioning to a clean energy economy
- Protecting groundwater
Join us on October 19th for our next public meeting. Let’s get Wisconsin back on the right track together!
Our Wisconsin Revolutionaries