Reframing Aging Workshop in Metro Denver | February
Start: Wednesday, February 19, 2020• 9:00 AM
End: Wednesday, February 19, 2020•12:30 PM
But cutting-edge research by the FrameWorks Institute shows that this does not have to be the case. We can use tested stories and messages to reduce ageism and to shift public opinion in a more positive direction.
- Why changing the way we talk about aging and ageism is so important
- What the general public believes about older people and about aging in America
- What ageism is, and the harmful effects it has not only on all of us as we age, but also on our communities and the economy
- The benefits to all of us of having positive views of aging and using age-positive language as we get older
- How common words and phrases can have negative consequences that we don't intend because they reinforce ageist attitudes and stereotypes about older people
- Evidence-based messaging and communications strategies based on three years of research by FrameWorks Institute that have been proven to increase support for age-friendly policies and to decrease bias against older people
You'll also practice using the new messages, and you'll leave with some concrete tips for using the new messages and sharing them with those around you.
Spots are limited, so please sign up quickly using the form to the right.