Rise for Climate Now!
Start: Saturday, September 08, 2018•11:30 AM
End: Saturday, September 08, 2018• 1:30 PM
On September 8, thousands of rallies will be held in cities and towns around the world to demand our local leaders commit to building a fossil free world that works for all of us.
NEW LOCATION: We will meet on the Diamondhead Capitol lawn, under the monkeypod trees next to Punchbowl and march to Honolulu Hale (City Hall), two blocks away at 530 S King St. We'll urge the legislature to move faster on climate change, and the City Council to pass our Fossil Fuel-Free Resolution. We'll have the cool sun signs in the picture and several notable speakers, including Michael Brune, National Executive Director of the Sierra Club, and Dr. Jon Osorio, who will play us a song or two.
We'll also have:
* A t-shirt giveaway
* Updates from the Hawaii Solar Energy Association on your options for PV regardless of where you live
* Poetry by Chris Emory
If you can, please use the bus, or carpool. The Capitol parking lot is closed on Saturdays. Parking is available at
* DLNR, across Punchbowl from the monkeypod trees where we're gathering
* The lot under and behind Honolulu Hale, with entrances on Beretania & Alapai (3-hour meters from 8:30 am-4:00 pm, then free)
* The Kalanimoku building, 1151 Punchbowl St (2-hour meters)
* Pau'ahi Parking Garage, 155 N Beretania St
* Ali’i Tower, 1099 Alakea St
If you haven't signed our petition yet, please do! And check out our Community Voice piece in Civil Beat.