SAVE THE DATE: March for Healthcare Justice: Celebrating 57 years of Medicare
Start: Saturday, July 30, 2022•12:00 PM
This is a SAVE THE DATE for a march through Seattle on July 30th in celebration of 57 years since the passage of Medicare, and a rally for the future of the healthcare justice movement in the United States.
Note that event details are still being planned and subject to change. RSVPing is the best way to be sure you'll be notified as things are finalized.
We will be assembling at Othello Playground and marching along MLK Way. We will have speakers at the beginning and end of the event.
Here are just a few reasons to show your support for #HealthcareJustice in the streets:
- Our daily lives are still impacted by the COVID pandemic - universal healthcare could have saved over 330,000 lives.
- Roe V Wade was just overturned making it impossible for millions of people to get an abortion - universal healthcare would remove all financial barriers to all reproductive care.
- Medicare is currently under threat of privatization via the REACH program.
- The midterm are weeks away and we need to make sure Medicare for All is a critical electoral issue.
- This year we have the chance to get universal single payer healthcare on the ballot for Washington state (I-1471).
- Whole Washington
- Seattle DSA Healthcare Working Group
- Medicare for All EVERYWHERE
- Seattle Green Party
- Green Party of Washington State
- Seattle Transit Riders Union
RSVPs will be shared with event cosponsors who may contact you about future actions. You do not need to RSVP to attend the march.