Seamless Transit Act Launch Party
Start: Thursday, February 27, 2020• 6:00 PM
End: Thursday, February 27, 2020• 8:00 PM
On February 4, Assemblymember David Chiu announced that he will be introducing legislation to create a more seamless transit network in the Bay Area, sponsored by Seamless Bay Area. With this announcement, there's a lot to celebrate -- and a lot of work to do!
To share more about the Seamless Transit Act and what's ahead, we're hosting a campaign launch party! You're invited to join us -- and special guest Assemblymember Chiu -- at 111 Minna on Thursday, February 27th. Seamless Bay Area co-founder Ian Griffiths, Assemblymember Chiu, and other special guests will speak about the legislation and how we're working to build a more integrated and user-friendly transit network in the Bay Area. Don't miss the chance to toast this important milestone and learn about how you can get involved.
**Note updated date & location**
If any of the below apply to you, RSVP today to let us know you're coming!
- You want to learn about the bill, and how you can get involved!
- You <3 transit merch, and want some limited edition Seamless x Transit Supply pins, t-shirts, and/or stickers (and if you buy them at this event, you'll save on the shipping!)
- You'd like to meet other folks in the transportation advocacy community
- You just enjoy good food and good drinks
Please note this is a 21+ only event.
What is the Bay Area Seamless Transit Act?
On February 4, Assemblymember David Chiu announced that he is introducing bold new legislation to create a seamlessly integrated public transit system in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Bay Area Seamless Transit Act will put in place key reforms and accountability measures that will make transit more efficient, easy to use, and affordable for riders. More information is available on our website.
I can't attend the event but I want to support Seamless' work. How can I help?
Our most pressing need is funding to support our education and advocacy efforts. Please make a donation to Seamless Bay Area and help us connect with other funding resources. Find out if your company does employee matching to double your impact. You can also:
- Fill out our volunteer interest form, and we'll get back to you with ways you can support our efforts;
- Sign our petition in support of the Seamless Transit Principles, calling on our elected officials to build a seamless transit system now.
How can I get to 111 Minna by transit?
The space is just a 5 minute walk from Montgomery BART/Muni Station, making it accessible via Muni, BART, Caltrain, ferry, etc! The venue is on the ground floor and is wheelchair accessible.
Is the event free?
Yes, the event is free to attend. We'll have a suggested donation at the door to help cover event costs and to support our campaign efforts.