State Capture and the Extinction Rebellion livestream
Start: Saturday, March 19, 2022• 5:00 PM
End: Saturday, March 19, 2022• 6:30 PM
State capture is a systemic crisis preventing climate action in Australia.
What does it look like?
How does it work?
HOW DO WE FIGHT IT?
Join Scott Ludlam, Larissa Payne, Shaun Murray and fellow rebels for a rebel get-together and ideas jam session!
Online: Register for Zoom Link.
Event will also be streamed to the XR Australia Facebook page.
In-person: 107 Projects, 107 Redfern Street, Redfern Unceded Gadigal Land
Together we will:
- Hear the findings of the Australian Democracy Network’s Confronting State Capture report from co-author Scott Ludlam.
- Consider how this unique political context could flavour Extinction Rebellion Australia’s targets and tactics, strategy and messaging while building social licence and the rebellion itself.
- Q+A / discuss / brainstorm practical ideas for how we can fight state capture so we might have our demands met!
- Connect with each other after much time apart.
- In-person event is licensed. Beverages available for purchase
- Complimentary cupcake on arrival
- Fundraisers for flood-affected Northern Rivers communities. People tuning in online will be able to donate.
- In-person entry by donation
- Registration essential
State Capture and the Extinction Rebellion is not a campaign proposal. It is an opportunity for rebels to hear compelling research on the state of democracy in Australia.
Bad news? It’s worse than we thought. Good news? There’s plenty we can do to challenge the toxic system, reclaim our democracy and take an active role in building the livable, regenerative and equitable world we long to see.
This is XR Australia’s opportunity to hear the truth about our democracy and understand what it is we’re up against. It could help us to achieve meaningful climate action in this country.
We will not have our demands met while dealing with a captured state!
Hope to you there!
Love and Rage,