Enbridge Resistance Tour! (Stevens Point Earth Day Extravaganza!)
Start: Wednesday, April 22, 2015• 6:00 PM
LOVE WATER, NOT OIL!
Big oil companies like Enbridge are threatening the Midwest and Great Lakes region with dirty tar sands pipelines and toxic fracking infrastructure.
For Stevens Point, this pipeline is only 25 miles from town and will directly affect all of us who love this community. Come for an evening of empowerment, enlightenment and engaging conversation with speakers who have experienced the horrors of extreme extraction but remain strong in the face of these tragedies.
But communities across the Midwest are coming together to protect our water and stop this climate catastrophe.
The Enbridge Tar Sands Resistance Tour is traveling from Michigan to Minnesota to build the resistance across the Midwest, and on April 22nd (Earth Day!) they are coming to Stevens Point!
We'll hear from community leaders about the threat Enbridge and tar sands poses to our communities, and we’ll strategize and make action plans for how to stop it.
WHAT: Stevens Point Enbridge Tar Sands Resistance Tour Stop
WHEN: April 22nd: 6-9pm
WHERE: Trainer Natural Resources Building Room 170 -- UWSP Campus
FACEBOOK EVENT: https://www.facebook.com/events/1557293474534028/
Can't make it but still want to support the tour? Click here to donate!
Here's what you can expect at each stop:
- Hear stories from First Nations women fighting tar sands in Canada
- Mike Wiggins will join us to provide his firsthand testimony of the grassroots movement against the Penokee Hills Mine.
- Learn more about tar sands climate impacts
- Hear from local voices who are fighting to keep tar sands out of the region & how you can get involved
- Plan & strategize how our communities can work together to build resistance against this dirty & dangerous fuel
- Help build a piece of art that symbolizes the regions resolve in fighting for a clean energy future