(Virtual) Rally for Public Education with US Sen. Gary Peters
Start: Friday, May 29, 2020• 5:00 PM • Eastern Daylight Time (US & Canada) (GMT-04:00)
This is a virtual event
While so much about the near future remains uncertain, one thing could not be more clear: Going forward our schools and our students will need more support – not drastic funding cuts.
To get the help our students need, it’s time to raise our voices together in a virtual rally this Friday at 5 p.m.
Without federal aid, public schools in Michigan and across the country could see sharp reductions in funding because of the economic downturn caused by COVID-19.
We have to join together in a collective push to get our students the help they need in this time of shared trauma and dramatic challenges in our society. Big businesses have received aid—our children deserve no less. We're joining our allies with other Michigan education advocacy organizations including:
- Middle Cities Education Association
- Michigan Association of Superintendents and Administrators
- Michigan Association of School Boards
- Michigan Association of Secondary School Principals
- Michigan Elementary and Middle School Principals Association
- Michigan Association of Intermediate School Administrators
- Michigan Association of Administrators of Special Education
Join U.S. Sen. Gary Peters, State Rep. Sheryl Kennedy, and other special guests for this virtual rally for Our Children, Our Future via Facebook Live on Friday, May 29, at 5 p.m.
RSVP here today.