Dance for Women - Cheza kwa Wanawake
Start: January 21, 2017• 4:00 PM
Location:Triniti•Msasani Road, Oysterbay, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of TZ
Host Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
**New update on 20 January***:
Habarini? Looking forward to seeing you tomorow at Triniti! A few updates/clarifications based on some questions received:
1. Thanks to some amazing support from our local government officials, we were able to obtain a permit today for free from the Municipal Office of Kinondoni, with endorsements from the Oysterbay Police and Ward Executive Office of Msasani to march for one hour (5pm-6pm) on Msasani Road to promote Women's Health and Safety in Tanzania and around the world! Tunawashukuru sana for their support and for the short turnaround time of issuing the permit. Now that we can walk, the new schedule will be -----
*Meet at 4pm at Triniti for sign making/decorating, introductions, learning about Tanzanian women's groups and causes. Then, for those who wish to walk, we will depart at 5pm from Triniti to walk along Msasani Road with a quick introduction before marching to go over the rules/logistics. The road will still be open to cars so we will walk carefully along the sides and ensure that we are back to Triniti by 6pm. Then, dance-a-thon will go from 6:30-8pm followed by the dance contest with prizes! *
2. If you would like to volunteer on the day of the event, please come to Triniti an hour early at 3pm.
3. If you know of a Tanzanian women's group who would like to set up a table or network with supporters of women's causes, please invite them to this event and also introduce them over email to email@example.com so we can coordinate directly if needed.
4. Please dress in pink and black if you can!
5. Children, as long as accompanied by a parent or guardian, are welcome!
Also see the same event page on facebook---please do RSVP on this page as well so that your participation can be linked to the global effort!
KARIBUNI WOTE! Show your support for women's health, safety, and economic empowerment in Tanzania and around the world by coming to the Dance for Women - Cheza kwa Wanawake event at Triniti on Saturday, January 21.
Donations will be accepted to support Tanzanian women's groups. Prizes for dance contest winners, games, and much more! Come with a positive mind and of course, wear comfortable clothes and dancing shoes for the 2 hour, non-stop dance-a-thon with DJ in solidarity with others who are marching around the world.
Wear something pink if you have it, and bring glowsticks, dance accessories, body or face paint, or any other signmaking materials if you can!
If interested in volunteering on the day of the event, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Look forward to seeing you on the dance floor!
More info on #whywemarch: