What We Gotta Do Is Organize: NYS Poor People's Campaign Housing and Eviction Defense Training
Start: Tuesday, November 17, 2020• 6:30 PM • Eastern Daylight Time (US & Canada) (GMT-04:00)
End: Tuesday, November 17, 2020• 8:30 PM • Eastern Daylight Time (US & Canada) (GMT-04:00)
With housing courts re-opening, nearly 1.5 million renters in NYS who have been unable to pay rent could face eviction despite "extending the moratorium." We're getting organized to defend ourselves and our neighbors against heartless landlords and the viciousness of a state that would take away peoples' homes during a pandemic.
On Tuesday, November 17, 6:30pm, join us for an online eviction defense training.
- Learn about the housing crisis through our Poor People's Campaign analysis
- Discuss what is at stake in this moment
- Think about why organizing is important to housing and eviction defense
- Share strategies to organize our neighbors and communities
- Work with regional attendees to organize together.
This call will be held over Zoom. If able, we recommend joining this interactive training with audio and video so you can see our visual aids, hear us, and so we can see and hear you. The Zoom link will be sent after registration.