2023 Central Alabama Pride Pageant Registration
INTERVIEW, PRESENTATION, EVENING GOWN/EVENING WEAR, Q&A, AND TALENT
2023 CENTRAL ALABAMA PRIDE PRIZE PACKAGE
CASH PRIZE $300 PER TITLE, CROWN, SASH, AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO REPRESENT YOUR COMMUNITY!
APRIL 14, 2022 – MX, MISTER, AND MS. CENTRAL ALABAMA PRIDE AT 9:00PM
APRIL 15, 2022 – NEWCOMER, MR. AND MISS CENTRAL ALABAMA PRIDE AT 9:00PM
REGISTRATION FOR CONTESTANTS STARTS AT 5PM
CATEGORIES AND POINTS VALUES
Interview: 100 Points
Contestants will answer a series of community and Pride related questions by a group of interview judges. These judges will be different than the judges for the main pageant. This is a way to showcase who you are and to shine off-stage. A way to showcase your personality, passion for your community, and issues surrounding your community. This should be like a job interview, but not as formal. Convince the judges why you feel you have what it takes to represent the community as a titleholder. The interview will take place immediately following registration. You can interview in or out of drag/however you feel most comfortable.
Score breakdown: Poise/Appearance (25), Articulation (30), Knowledge (20), and Personality (25).
Presentation: Show your Pride 70 Points
The maximum time for this category is three (3) minutes. The contestant will be required to state his/her name and where they are from. At the discretion of the entertainer, the remainder of the time can be used in any manner they so choose. Remember, this is each contestant’s first opportunity to make an impression on our judges and the audience, so choose something that best represents you and shows your pride! Props, Dancers, etc. are permitted. Contestants are responsible for their own music for presentation. Contestants MAY lip sync during presentation. Any type of presentation is acceptable except for the use of any water, fire, or any other type of talent that may cause harm or injury to the contestant, the judges, the audience, or any other contestant in the pageant. This rule also includes the throwing of confetti, etc. If you have any questions, please ask the Pageant Coordinator.
Score breakdown: Stage Presence/Self Confidence (20) Ability to Communicate (20) General Appearance and Creativity (20) Audience Response (10)
Evening Wear: 30 points
This category has been chosen to show the creativity and individuality of the entertainer. Contestants are asked to wear evening gown or suit/tuxedo based upon their respective title. We would like to stress that originality; creativity and fashion are major factors in this category. Contestants must continue modeling until asked by the emcee to come over for QNA. Score
breakdown: General Appearance (15) Presentation, Poise, Hair & Makeup (15)
Onstage Question: 50 points
After the contestant models his/her evening wear, each will pick be asked a random question to be answered onstage. Contestants will remain on stage modeling until asked to leave by the emcee.
Score breakdown: Presentation& Self Confidence (20) Answer Content, Ability to communicate (30)
Talent: 100 Points
Talent is limited to seven (7) minutes. The SAME USB for talent music should be on the SAME USB as your presentation music. The maximum time for this category is seven (10) minutes this time includes setup and break down times. Safety of the audience and stage area should always be taken into consideration for this category. The contestant will supply all music.
Score breakdown: Costume, Hair and Appearance (20) Entertainment Value (60) Audience Response (15), Lip Synch (15)
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. For Central Alabama Pride Pageants contestants are defined as the following in each pageant:
a. Mister – Contestants who identify as female but dress in male drag.
b. Mr. – Contestants who identify as Male.
c. Miss – Contestants who identify as Male but dress in female drag.
d. Ms. – Contestants who identify as female.
e. MX. – Contestants who do not identify as a particular gender. (Non-Binary)
f. Newcomer – Anyone who has been preforming in drag less than 2 years and has not won a bar title, or higher. Small titles like Miss Halloween, etc. do not count.
2. Contestants must be 19 years old to enter. All contestants should be prepared to present a valid state issued ID at registration. Contestants may not compete until the identification is presented.
3. The judges will score each contestant with a maximum point value of 250 points per judge. Scoring will be on a total point accumulation system. Any ties will be broken by an onstage QNA.
4. Contestants will be judged in the following categories:
b. Evening Gown
c. Question and Answer
5. Talent presentation will be limited to seven (7) minutes. Prop setup and knock down time will be limited to three (3) minutes total. Talent presentation will be timed. Presentations over seven (7) minutes will have administrative points deducted.
a. Any type of talent presentation is acceptable, except those that may cause injury to the audience or any other person. No excessive glitter, and no fire or water may be used in any talent presentation, no live animals or reptiles may be used in a talent presentation.
b. Music must be turned in on FLASH DRIVE. Music must be labeled “Presentation” “Talent” and contestants’ name. DONOT HAVEANYTHINGELSEON THEFLASH DRIVE!
6. The use of or dispensing of illegal drugs or marijuana will not be tolerated while a contestant is participating in the Central Alabama Pride Pageants. Immediate disqualification will result for those that break this rule.
7. Any contestant that is not in the appointed place at the appointed time will lose administrative points.
8. Any contestant, contestant's dancer (s), helper (s), etc. who are caught in the act of stealing or tampering with another person's possessions will be immediately disqualified and removed from the location of the pageant.
9. Central Alabama Pride does not discriminate against entertainers with silicone and/or hormones. The use of silicone and/or hormones will not be considered by any judge in the scoring of contestants.
10. Central Alabama Pride reserves the right to make any decision concerning any matter not covered by these rules and regulations.
11. Central Alabama Pride Pageants winners will be required to sign a contract with the Pageant Coordinator or their appointee before any prize money is paid. Failure to sign the contract will mean forfeiture of the title.
12. Any contestant not staying on stage for the entire crowning and picture taking will forfeit their placement and prize money. All prize money must be collected within 1 hour of crowning.
13. Only one (1) dresser/helper will be allowed to assist each contestant. Each contestant and his/her one (1) helper will be admitted free of charge but MUST be present during registration. All backup dancers, friends, fans, etc. will be required to pay admission at the door.
14. Prizes are $300.00 for each title, and a crown and/or medallion, sash, and pin. The prize money will be paid as follows:
a. $200.00 upon winning the title
b. $100.00 upon completion of all rules required by Central Alabama Pride, Inc. as a current title holder.
If crowned as a Central Alabama Pride Representative, understand that you are responsible for raising $500 to go towards Pride Fest 2023, and you are agreeing to participate in the following:
A. 2023 Pride Parade on JUNE 10, 2023
B. 2023 Pride Fest at TBD on JUNE 11, 2023
C. Pride Bingo Performance on TBA
D. Participate in at least 2 benefit shows as they are scheduled and 2 events with Central Alabama Pride, Inc Board.
E. Attend at least 2 additional Pride Week activities
F. Will do your best to further the cause of Central Alabama Pride, Inc.