Become a CWA Staffing Captain!
LOCAL 1168 MEMBERS: PLEASE REGISTER FOR YOUR STAFFING CAPTAIN TRAINING AT https://mobilize.us/s/oWWxYW
LOCAL 1133 MEMBERS: PLEASE REGISTER FOR YOUR STAFFING CAPTAIN TRAINING AT
- A frontline healthcare worker?
- Tired of being asked to do more with less?
- Willing to be a leader in the fight for safe staffing?
Sign up to be a CWA Staffing Captain!
Why Do We Need Staffing Captains?
The CWA members on our Hospital's Staffing Committee worked hard to establish staffing minimums for our Hospital. But our fight isn't over! Now, it's time to make sure our Hospital follows the plan.
We need Staffing Captains to be the leaders in this fight to hold our Hospitals accountable.
As a Staffing Captain, you would:
- Pay attention to the staffing on your unit, and report it
- Distribute new materials and information, answer questions about staffing or the law itself, and make sure that your co-workers know how to flag staffing violations
- Most of all, be an expert on your facility's staffing plans and a resource for other workers!
If you have questions, reach out to Hannah Lorenc, D1 Safe Staffing Coordinator at HLorenc@cwa-union.org or (713) 335-0853