Join a Board of ElectionsTeam!
Board of Elections teams (BOE teams) is a committee of the Ohio Voter Rights Coalition (OVRC), a network of non-partisan voter advocates dedicated to ensuring that our elections are modern, secure and accessible to all Ohioans. We work hard every day to protect voters in Ohio -- and we need your help to make that happen! You don’t have to be a voting expert to join BOE teams -- your curiosity and desire to advocate on behalf of voters is a great first start! We’ll provide training and resources to be an effective BOE team member.
- Attend regular BOE team meetings to learn and share best practices with other BOE teams around the state.
- Attend local board of elections meetings to monitor developments and share notable findings with OVRC.
- Assess election readiness by communicating directly with local board of elections and obtaining responses to OVRC election readiness questionnaires.
- Partner with boards of elections to support civic engagement projects as needed (e.g. voting machine demonstrations, poll worker recruitment, National Voter Registration Day).
- Membership in the OVRC. General membership to OVRC is open to any organization or individual who supports our mission and agrees to participate in the name of the Ohio Voter Rights Coalition in a non-partisan manner consistent with 501(c)(3) status).
- Attend (or watch recordings for) at least 50% of BOE team meetings.
BOE teams meetings are virtual and occur on the first Thursday of each month at 6 pm.
On behalf of the steering committee for the Ohio Voter Rights Coalition, we look forward to seeing you at the next BOE teams meeting!
- All Voting is Local, Common Cause Ohio, and Ohio Voice