Call Your Senators About the Sham Save Our Seas 2.0 Act NOW
Your Senators will be voting on the misnamed Save Our Seas 2.0 Act soon. Please take three minutes right now to make these two calls and ask them to vote "NO!"
1. Find your Senators phone numbers here. Just enter your state and they should both pop up.
2. When someone answers, you can use your own words or the script below:
"Hi, my name is YOUR NAME. I'm calling from YOUR TOWN/CITY to urge the Senator to please vote NO on the Save Our Seas 2.0 Act (Senate Bill 1982) when it comes to the Senate Floor. This bill does not do anything to address the root cause of our ocean plastic crisis - the fact that we're producing far too much plastic. 8 million metric tons of plastic enter our oceans each year and that number will just get bigger unless we pass meaningful legislation to reduce the staggering amount of plastic that's being produced every day. Unfortunately, the Save Our Seas Act does NOT do that. I think it's very disturbing that this bill is being pushed by the plastics industry. We're turning our oceans into a huge dump and it's hurting ocean wildlife and diminishing the ocean's ability to act as a crucial carbon sink to slow climate change. This is not a problem we can recycle our way out of and the Save Our Seas Act is not a real solution."
3. Thank the staffer for taking your call. They may ask you to provide your full address to verify that you are a constituent.
4. Once you've hung up, repeat the process for your other Senator.
5. Then please take 2 secs to fill out the form on the right to let us know how your call went. A very important step!
Thanks for taking a few minutes out of your busy day to help protect our oceans from plastic pollution.