Commit to the Clean Transportation Pledge!
As we celebrate the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, our work to advocate for cleaner transportation is more important than ever. You have the power to create substantial change in your community to combat the climate crisis and to protect our planet and its inhabitants.
The transportation sector is the largest source of carbon pollution in the United States, and it contributes to worsening air quality and causes health issues. Switching from gasoline to electric vehicles improves air quality and keeps fossil fuels in the ground.
Take this pledge, and commit to doing one of the following actions!
- Have a conversation with two people you know about something you learned during the Drive Electric Earth Day Tribute. You could share one of the videos, for example, or explain how switching from gasoline vehicles to vehicles powered by electricity helps our environment. Check out this resources page for more information.
- Sign up to attend a local National Drive Electric Week (NDEW) event near you Sept 26-Oct 4.
- Email or call your federal, state, and local representatives and let them know that you want them to support policies that electrify our transportation sector and for them to make further investments in public transportation.
- Once social distancing guidelines have passed, if you already own an electric vehicle, offer a ride to family members, and neighbors. If you do not own an electric vehicle, reach out to someone who does or visit your local car dealership to sign up for a test drive.
- Consider a new or used electric vehicle for a future vehicle purchase when it makes sense to do so for you. Visit PlugStar.com or Sierra Club’s Electric Vehicle Guide to find an electric vehicle that best fits your needs.
- Find & join a local electric vehicle community group through the Electric Auto Association.
- Share this pledge with your network on social media on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Choose another way to commit to clean transportation.