Join a Hometown Action Community Care Team
We're organizing to respond to the unique needs facing our communities as a result of COVID-19. Sign up to join one of our community care teams and receive updates as our work continues to evolve.
- Virtual community gathering hosts: community in times of crisis is essential. We'll utilize digital tools to provide social and healing spaces to combat social isolation while protecting communities through social distancing.
- Join a mutual aid team: help us respond directly to the needs of your local community. This team will help develop safe forms of mutual aid to support those most impacted by the pandemic and economic fallout.
- Join a mask-making group: efforts are currently underway in North, East, West, and Central Alabama to sew cotton masks for medical staff, first responders, and community members in need.
- Join a policy advocacy team: this is the time for our elected officials to step up and put people over politics and corporate profits. Help advance much-needed policy change to support our most marginalized residents in this time of crisis.
- Join the communications team: help us stay up-to-date and share the most accurate information in this rapidly changing environment and monitor information coming from government officials.
Hometown Action works to advance racial, gender, economic, and climate justice through multiracial grassroots organizing centering small town and rural communities across Alabama.