GND GDPR compliance
Thanks for being an important part of the movement for a Green New Deal in the UK. In order for you to handle data for Green New Deal, we need you to agree to our volunteer confidentiality and data protection agreement (below).
Green New Deal UK Volunteer Confidentiality and Data Protection Agreement
At Green New Deal UK, we all have a responsibility to ensure individuals and other organisations can trust us, so it is essential that anyone who has access to confidential, personal and sensitive information understands how to handle, store and share it appropriately, so it complies fully with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK Data Protection regulations.
Information is held on data subjects within the organisation you may have access to and/or communication with these data subjects. As a Green New Deal volunteer, you must not share this information outside the organisation, send it by any means to any third party, share it in general conversation or use it for your own purposes whilst in your role or once your role has ended.
As part of your volunteer role, you will be provided with support and information relevant to your specific volunteer role and we encourage you to ask for GDPR/data protection support whenever you need it.
Confidential information must only be used for the specific purposes it was intended for and shared on a 'need to know' basis.
This may include:
• Information from phone conversations
• Volunteer personal information
• Medical and health information
• Financial information, both personal and organisational
• Email/text message/letter content
• Information about the organisation’s activities, finances, projects and future plans
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify a living individual such as their:
• Date of birth
• Email address
• Phone number
Personal and sensitive information is information which could be used to discriminate against a living individual such as their:
• Religious or political beliefs
• Mental or physical health
All the above information may be written, spoken or electronic and can be accessed through a variety of ways including:
• Phone conversations and records
• Volunteer application forms
• Medical/health forms
• Local group activity lists (member/affiliates)
• Emails/letters/text messages
• Survey results
• Social media sites e.g. Facebook posts and Twitter feeds
• Something containing commercially sensitive information about the organisation’s activities, finances or planning
• Databases including AirTable
Green New Deal UK acknowledges its rights and obligations under GDPR and UK Data Protection regulations in regard to controlling and processing data all volunteers who have or will have access to confidential, personal or sensitive information must agree to and sign this agreement to confirm they understand their obligations to Green New Deal UK under the GDPR and UK Data protection regulations.
Information supplied to volunteers must be securely deleted upon request:
• Data received must be deleted upon receipt of a new set of information and no back-up copies kept
• No information is to be passed onto any other organisation or volunteer without the express permission of Green New Deal UK
If the circumstances arise that a volunteer breaches this agreement, then we would work with them to understand the circumstances surrounding the breach before deciding on a way forward, which may include asking them to step down from their role.