Join the Rebellion in Scotland!
Fight For Life
We are facing an unprecedented global emergency. The government has failed to protect us. To survive, it’s going to take everything we’ve got.
Extinction Rebellion Scotland Demands
Are you willing to volunteer some time on a regular basis to help us to realize these goals?
Extinction Rebellion in Scotland has made great strides in the last year with some outstanding local groups in the bigger cities and, my personal favorite, and island with 7 inhabitants who are all members!
Now is the time to strengthen the XR Scotland National movement to ensure that Scotland acts now to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to net zero.
Welcome to XR Scotland
Guidance on Filling the Form
Please fill in you local group if you have one.
The working groups reflect the XR organisational structure and benefit for further explanation.
- Actions & Logistics - planning and organising actions
- Administrative - emails, communications, calendars, like office admin, also self organising system
- Arts - arts, crafts, design, including performance arts and music
- Community Organising - affinity groups, outreach, recruitment, families, special interests
- Finance - fundraising, budgets, accounts, financial admin
- Legal - lawyers, administrators, coordination of legal observing
- Media & Messaging - social and traditional media including marketing and media content
- Political - spokespeople, party members, campaigners, assembly facilitators, people research
- Regenerative Culture - post arrestee support, court liaison, accommodation, XR counseling
- Regional Development - encouraging XR growth in all regions of Scotland
- Research - climate specialists who ensure our public messages are well founded
- Tech & Security - software, data storage, communications, data security and protection
- Talks & Trainings - NVDA training, Legal Observer, talking to local groups about XR
The skills box should be relevant to your area of expertise here are some examples: chef, management consultant, excel, web design, medical doctor, PhD in climate science, facebook admin, contract lawyer, police officer; nurse; school teacher; accountant etc.
Hours do not have to be the same each week it will all depend on your own situation. Most of the organising work is done from home and in your own time so you can arrange your schedule to suit yourself.
The further comments should be used to describe yourself. We do not need or expect full cv's but something about your current and/or most significant job or work experience is helpful, as is any special interests or social groups whom you would like to engage with in your XR capacity.
Finally don't expect an instant answer, we will try to get to everyone as soon as we can, but the rapid pace of XR leaves working groups under a lot of pressure when there are lots of new people joining.
Specific questions can be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org