Join the Extinction Rebellion Scotland email list
Fight For Life
We are facing an unprecedented global emergency. The government has failed to protect us. To survive, it’s going to take everything we’ve got.
Guidance on Filling in the Form
An email address and other information submitted in this form will be added to the email list of Extinction Rebellion Scotland.
Everyone on the XR Scotland list is also on the XR UK list.
- email address
- country (from dropdown menu)
(The menu does not have Scotland; UK will have to be selected. The menu cannot be changed)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - Permission required
The rest of the information that you can provide is optional.
Please fill in your local group if you have one.
The further comments should be used to describe yourself. We do not need or expect full cv's but something about your current and/or most significant job or work experience is helpful, as is any special interests or social groups whom you would like to engage with in your XR capacity.
Specific questions can be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Extinction Rebellion Scotland Demands
Our demands, issued as a Declaration of Rebellion to the Scottish Parliament and Scottish Government on 24th November 2018, are as follows;
1. That the Scottish Government tell the truth about the climate and wider ecological emergency, acknowledge and reverse any policies that help drive the climate crisis, and commit to enabling a rapid and just transition to a sustainable and fair society.
2. That the Scottish Government enact legally binding policy measures to reduce carbon emissions to net zero by 2025, including by replacing a system based on accelerating consumption with one based on ensuring the wellbeing of all.
3. The creation of a Scottish Climate Citizens’ Assembly to oversee the changes, as part of creating a democracy fit for purpose and a society that cares for all.