Organizer Training Waitlist
Future Ground Network supports groups that meet regularly to take action to secure healthier, more viable futures in the areas of climate justice, biodiversity, waste reduction and sustainable systems. Joining the network means connecting with organizers from other groups to share best practices, find inspiration, and work together to achieve common goals.
If there isn't already a group near you (check out this map of our current member groups) and you'd like to kick-start action in your community, you're in the right place. By signing up to start a new group, you commit to organizing others in your community around issues that matters to you.
We will be offering an online organizer training program later this year to help you get started. We have lots of ideas and tips to share, and we'll put you in touch with other Future Ground Network groups so you can connect and learn together.
NOTE: We understand that not all participating groups have the time and resources to participate fully while dealing with the impacts of COVID-19. We hope that you can still join us to benefit from network resources in this moment.
Local organizers will...
- Participate in monthly training webinars and other learning opportunities
- Provide access to network training materials with your group
- Foster safe and accessible spaces for open dialogue and collective decision-making amongst your group
- Communicate regularly with other group leaders and network support staff using Slack
- Contribute input and feedback on network tools and resources
- Profile and celebrate your group’s work during webinars and on our Slack workspace
- Share ideas, knowledge, and best practices with other network members
David Suzuki Foundation will...
- Facilitate training webinars and monthly group leader calls
- Develop training materials in response to the network’s interests and needs
- Coach local organizers to help keep their groups’ organizing spaces safe and accessible
- Respond to questions from organizers within 2 business days
- Support organizers in developing their own local group agreements
- Consult local group organizers and adapt tools and resources to their needs
- Promote the successes of local groups through David Suzuki Foundation’s channels
- Connect local group organizers to each other and to external expertise