Racial Equity Initiative Submission Form
In October 2013, we released the Race to Equity Report which documented the significant racial disparities existing between African Americans and whites in Dane County. In response, our community has demonstrated a deep and heartening effort to remedy this crisis. We are now compiling a list of racial equity initiatives that have been implemented since the release of the report to acknowledge, affirm and applaud our community’s expanding efforts to improve conditions in Dane County for children and families of color. We hope it will serve as a useful tool to track our progress as a community, identify areas that need further attention, and hold ourselves collectively accountable for making real change.
There is always a risk in an effort like this that we will unintentionally fail to capture some important initiatives. Please help us improve this continuing inventory by letting us know of any initiative in the community that meets the following criteria:
- Programs, efforts, initiatives or reforms designed with the explicit goal of reducing disparities faced by Dane County families of color within the following areas: economic well-being, education, health, criminal justice, child welfare, civic influence, housing and mobility.
- An organization’s internal efforts to improve diversity or inclusion.
- Provision of funding to organizations conducting racial equity work.
- Initiatives raising awareness about racial disparities in Dane County (e.g. forums, documentaries, conferences, performances, etc.).
- Has occurred or been implemented since October 2013.
If your initiative or one you are familiar with meets these criteria, please tell us about it by following the link below. We reserve the right not to add a suggested initiative if it does not meet our criteria. We will be periodically updating this list to reflect additions.
We appreciate your contribution to helping us obtain a more complete understanding of our community’s commitment to make Dane County a more equitable place to live, work, and grow. Thank you.