Concerned Citizens for Change
New York, NY
Concerned Citizens for Change is an all-volunteer group of people who have opted for political awareness and political action.
We began life during the 2008 presidential campaign as a grassroots group called Northwest Bronx for Obama and continued on as Northwest Bronx for Change after the 2008 election. Over time we picked up members from other parts of the Bronx and Westchester so we changed our name to Concerned Citizens for Change.
People all across America have decided not to opt for apathy and we are one with them.
We are primarily issue advocates, but sometimes we will support a candidate if we feel a principle is at stake or an election is crucial.
We are not a political club. We are not part of a political party. What binds us together is a desire to work for progressive change.
We believe that ordinary citizens must make their voices heard so that those who are elected will represent our interests. To acheive that end we:
- Organize meetings to get information about progressive issues out to the public.
- Coordinate drives which urge people phone and write their elected officials about pending legislation.
- Organize visits to our elected officials to talk about issues and possible legislation.
- Support marches, rallies and other events organized by citywide. statewide and national progressive groups.
- Organize phone banks, door knocking and voter registration so the right kind of candidates are elected.
- Support national, state and local groups working on a variety of issues.