Keystone Research Center and its Pennsylvania Budget and Policy Center work to advance a more prosperous and equitable Pennsylvania economy through original research and policy analysis, strategic communications, advocacy and coalitions.
KRC and PBPC not only document problems such as economic inequality but also offer forward-looking solutions and an integrated, practical vision of how Pennsylvania could achieve an economy that works for all.
Over the last 21 years, working with many partners, KRC’s and PBPC’s impacts have included:
- Providing a blueprint for and helping to implement a national model reform of Pennsylvania workforce development
- Winning a state minimum wage increase in the mid-2000s
- Building the case for fair taxation in Pennsylvania
- Founding the Pennsylvania Culture Change Coalition which promotes person-centered, high quality long-term care
- Catalyzing and helping to craft Pennsylvania’s state manufacturing strategy in 2003-04
- Providing research and communications support to campaigns for earned sick leave in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
- Providing strategic research and other support leading to the formation of a statewide Pennsylvania child care union