Families Are Counting on the Build Back Better Act
The US Congress is on the verge of passing an historic bill that could transform the lives of families all over the country.
As Democrats in Congress negotiate over what will be included in the Build Back Better Act, some politicians are trying to cut important items for children and families. Tell your member of Congress that families across the country are counting on them to make sure that the original $3.5 trillion bill is not cut and includes:
- A PERMANENT child tax credit so monthly checks keep coming until children turn 18.
- Universal preschool for all 3 and 4 year olds so children can get a great start and parents can work.
- 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave for ALL workers.
- Direct support to families to cut child care costs and a fair wage for child and eldercare workers; direct home and community based support for seniors and the disabled community and pay a fair wage for home care workers so families can stay together.
- Lower prescription and health insurance costs, and fill the Medicaid gap to cover health care for low income families.
- A pathway to citizenship for DREAMers and essential workers
- Forcing big corporations to finally pay their fair share in taxes to make all this possible
This bill could be a GAMECHANGER for our children and families. Already we’re seeing the expanded child tax credit lift millions of children out of poverty -- this would go even further.
But we need to make sure these policies don’t end up on the chopping block. Sign and send the petition to your member of Congress telling them to take care of families and pass the Build Back Better Act.