Help Us Save the Niles-Maine District Library!
We took big steps this summer to #SaveNilesLibrary, but Carolyn Drblik, Joe Makula, and Suzanne Schoenfeldt are abusing their power to put the library and its services at grave risk again. Since this summer, they have been:
- Continuing to refuse to fill staff vacancies, even after the recommendation of the director they appointed
- Deadlocking the board after their accomplice Olivia Hanusiak resigned
- Risking a financial crisis that could impact the library for decades by pushing back the levy vote. (Find out more with our Levy FAQ)
- Stalling the appointment of a new trustee to the vacant board position (even though a swift process is required by law), ensuring their power to block all and any board work, including the library’s revenue source, the levy
- Abusing their power by limiting speech during public comments in violation of the Open Meetings Act
While we had success in slowing down their anti-library agenda, it does not mean the library is safe. Time is running out with the library on the edge of a financial cliff. It is time to call out to our elected officials for help. Please take a minute to join our letter-writing action.