Voice Your Views in a Letter to Your ARRL Director
Thank you for making your voice heard.
Good things are happening.
We have suspended this letter writing campaign for now. Several positive steps taken recently give us encouragement that your voices are being heard. It would not be productive to continue promoting positions that have already been acted upon favorably. There is still work to be done, but we advise waiting until the full results of the January ARRL Board meeting are known. THANK YOU to all who have used this channel to express their opinions to their directors and officers. You have made a big difference already!
Trust in ARRL leadership is eroding.
We need your help to protect the future of ARRL.
For more than 100 years, the American Radio Relay League (ARRL) has been the organization we’ve trusted to serve its membership openly and advocate for amateur radio in the United States. Over the past two years, that has changed…
There has been a range of troubling policy and governance actions taken by the League’s leadership over the past two years, as well as actions proposed to be formalized at the Board meeting on January 19, 2018 in Newington. We are working hard to inform our fellow members across all segments of our community, and to encourage them to convey their feelings on these issues to the ARRL Board and management.
- The Amateur Radio Parity Act was modified to favor HOA positions for undisclosed reasons.
- The new ARRL BoD Code of Conduct limits what you get to know.
- Your Director’s voting power could be diminished.
- Your ARRL membership could be terminated for any reason.
- Vice Directors could have been eliminated from the ARRL.
- The ARRL Board’s governance proposals have generated significant undisclosed legal fees.
- Your elected Director could be censured for describing the new ARRL Code of Conduct.
- Your candidate for Board of Directors could be disqualified without explanation.
John Crovelli, W2GD
G. Kip Edwards, W6SZN
Rusty Epps, W6OAT
Robert B. Famiglio, K3RF
Rich Gelber, K2WR
Fred Hopengarten, K1VR
Jim Idelson, K1IR
Jim Talens, N3JT
Rick Tavan, N6XI
Bob Wilson, N6TV
Marty Woll, N6VI