Protect the Right to Organize, Tell Congress to Vote YES for the PRO Act
The Richard L. Trumka Protecting the Right to Organize Act of 2023 (H.R. 20) has been reintroduced to the U.S. House of Representatives.
Now is the time to tell your member of Congress to vote “yes” on Protecting the Right to Organize (PRO) Act.
Specifically, the PRO Act would:
- Establish penalties on predatory corporations that violate workers’ rights, and combat misclassification of workers as supervisors and independent contractors.
- Strengthen workers’ right to strike for basic workplace improvements, including higher wages and better working conditions.
- Create a mediation and arbitration process to ensure corporations and newly formed unions reach a first contract.
- Authorize unions and employers to negotiate agreements that allow unions to collect fair-share fees that cover the costs of representation.
- Streamline the National Labor Relation Board’s (NLRB) procedures to secure worker freedoms and effectively prevent violations.
- Protect the integrity of union elections against coercive captive audience meetings.