Tell OK Legislators: Our working families need a boost!
The Earned Income Tax Credit is a highly effective anti-poverty tool that improves the health and well-being of low-income families. Tell your legislators to restore refundability to the EITC this session! Here are some key points to help you craft your message:
- The EITC has enjoyed strong bipartisan support as a way to boost work and keep working families out of poverty.
- The EITC provides a critical boost to the financial security of low-income workers.
- Restoring the EITC will improve the health & well-being of working, low-income families in Oklahoma.
- Two in three families that claim the EITC in Oklahoma lost some or all of their credit.
- Making the state EITC non-refundable means that it does far less to reduce poverty and encourage work, particularly among workers earning the least.
Fill out the form and click "Start Writing" to craft your message.