Georgia Needs People-Powered Prosperity
Georgia needs a people-first strategy to build a stronger, more inclusive economy.
From: [Your Name]
Georgia needs a people-first strategy to build a stronger, more inclusive economy. The state can get there through an eight-point policy approach the Georgia Budget and Policy Institute team unveiled at its Jan. 25, 2018 policy conference. These strategies will lead to an economy built on educated youth, skilled workers, thriving families and opportunity for everyone.
I support people-powered prosperity in Georgia and these eight evidence-based policy solutions to get there:
• Update Georgia’s K-12 funding formula to match today’s rigorous standards
• Give school districts the ability to invest in proven solutions
• Create need-based aid options to make higher education more affordable
• Increase funding for adult education, language literacy and skills training
• Make child care more affordable for working parents
• Create a Georgia Work Credit
• Expand access to health care
• Invest in mental health and substance abuse treatment