Action for Immigrant Lives
Start: Saturday, July 13, 2019•10:00 AM
End: Saturday, July 13, 2019• 2:30 PM
- Families Belong Together
- Jobs with Justice
- Not1More Deportation
Help us connect with community and organization leaders on the ground to ensure that this is a community-led effort. Join us in a show of solidarity to reunite immigrant and migrant families.
Who: This event is presented and organized by these local organizations: AFSC (American Friends Service Committee), Brazilian Worker Center, Massachusetts Jobs with Justice, Massachusetts Interfaith Worker Justice, Massachusetts TPS Committee, Muslim Justice League, ACLU Massachusetts, UU Mass Action, Driving Families Forward Coalition, Safe Communities Coalition, and Action for Immigrant Lives
What: Overview of Program
- Welcome & Overview of Current Climate Lily Huang (Mass Jobs with Justice) & Gabriel Camacho (American Friends Service Committee)
- Temporary Protected Status - Jose Palma (Massachusetts TPS Committee)
- Organizing Against the Surveillance of Muslim Communities - Shannon Al-Wakeel & Jarib Rahman (Muslim Justice League)
- Drivers License Campaign - Natalicia Tracy (Brazilian Workers Center)
- Safe Communities Campaign - Laura Rotolo (ACLU Massachusetts)
Lunch provided (pizza and lemonade)
- Regional Breakout groups to plan for sustained local action
Where: St. Paul’s Cathedral, 138 Tremont St. Boston MA 02111 (Across from Park Street T)
When: Saturday, July 13, Registration begins at 10:00 am
Why: Training for people who would like to learn more and participate in sustained local action in their own community
Other: Please bring a notebook, pen, and water bottle.
Donation: If you like please bring items to donate to asylum seeking families settling in Massachusetts please bring diapers, feminine hygiene products and backpacks with school materials
Let us know if you have any further questions or need any accommodations. If you have a few moments to complete our registration form we'll have at the door or you can sign in when you arrive.