Earth Day Climate Strike 2022
Start: Friday, April 22, 2022• 2:00 PM
End: Friday, April 22, 2022• 6:00 PM
As the climate crisis accelerates we need to see action at every level of government. We also need action that is at the scale of the crisis we face, and centers our state’s most vulnerable communities.
Join Sunrise CT and partner organizations as we:
Demand that Governor Lamont direct the CT Department of Energy and Environmental Protection to immediately stop permitting all new fossil fuel power plants.
Support the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation as they raise the following climate change concerns:
- Shifts in suitable habitat for culturally significant species due to climate change;
- Climate change effects on culturally relevant species more broadly;
- Climate change effects on traditional food sources (Ex. through water chemistry and temperature changes);
- Climate change effects on traditional reliance and understanding from changing phenology;
- Climate change effects of higher temperatures on the health of the community, especially for members of the community with greater vulnerability;
- And mental health effects from ecological and cultural changes associated with climate change.
The event will start at 2pm with an opportunity to meet organizations, participate in mini-trainings, and create signs and other artwork. At 3pm, the strike itself will begin with speakers and musicians.