Grand Rapids Enbridge Tar Sands Resistance Tour Stop
Start: Sunday, April 26, 2015• 6:00 PM
Big oil companies like Enbridge are threatening the Midwest and Great Lakes region with dirty tar sands pipelines and toxic fracking infrastructure.
But communities across the Midwest are coming together to protect our water and stop this climate catastrophe.
The Enbridge Tar Sands Resistance Tour is traveling from Michigan to Minnesota to build the resistance across the Midwest, and on April 26th they're coming to Grand Rapids!
We'll hear from community leaders about the threat Enbridge and tar sands poses to our communities, and we’ll strategize and make action plans for how to stop it.
WHAT: Grand Rapids Enbridge Tar Sands Resistance Tour Stop
WHEN: April 26th, 6:00-9:00pm
WHERE: Davies Hall Theater 1851 E hwy 169
Can't make it but still want to support the tour? Click here to donate!
Here's what you can expect at each stop:
- Hear stories from First Nations women fighting tar sands in Canada
- Learn more about tar sands climate impacts
- Hear from local voices who are fighting to keep tar sands out of the region & how you can get involved
- Plan & strategize how our communities can work together to build resistance against this dirty & dangerous fuel
- Help build a piece of art that symbolizes the regions resolve in fighting for a clean energy future