March to the Polls
Start: January 20, 2018•12:00 PM
End: January 20, 2018• 1:00 PM
This weekend marks the one year anniversary of the Women’s March, when millions of people across the globe gathered in an act of nonviolent resistance. The past year has seen massive organization and resistance, and this year’s march aims to channel that energy into concrete results in the 2018 election. All women and allies are encouraged to attend. Information will be available regarding election dates and Illinois voting rules. The rally will feature music by Sarah Marie Dillard of Sarah and the Underground and Jessica Wilson of Projekts. The following list of speakers with deliver inspiring messages on the themes of grassroots activism and voter mobilization.
• Jill Blair, Candidate for IL 88th
• Carolyn Blodgett, Candidate for IL 91st
• Chama St. Louis, Founder of Black Justice Project
• Bernice Gordon-Young, President of It Takes a Village Peoria, Inc.
• Carole Hoke, Fondulac United Church of Christ
• Nora Sullivan, Organizer of the Women’s March Peoria 2017
• Alecia Collins, Founder of Women Empowering Women
• Jimena Lopez, ACLU of Peoria
• Helen King and Jackie Petty, Peoria NAACP
• Jaci Musec, Captured and Reclaimed