Patient Speak-Out Against High Drug Prices! (@ Rep. Rice's Office)
Start: Wednesday, September 22, 2021•11:00 AM
Rep. Kathleen Rice recently betrayed everyday New Yorkers who can’t afford the medicines they need to stay healthy and alive. She voted against including the “Lower Drug Costs Now Act” (HR 3) in the “Build Back Better” budget bill that Congress is currently developing. The mega-profitable drug corporations are fiercely opposing this bill.
- HR3 will dramatically lower drug costs for people in the US by directing Medicare to negotiate prescription drug prices with drug makers. (People in the US are charged up to three times more for our medicines than those in other advanced countries because their governments all negotiate prices and ours doesn’t.)
- HR3 will use the Medicare savings to add dental, vision, and hearing benefits to Medicare, and to lower the Medicare eligibility age.
- HR3 will also help to pay for other health care parts of President Biden’s “Build Back Better” plan, like expanding Medicaid to more low-income people, expanding home and community-based long-term care for seniors and people living with disabilities, making Affordable Care Act coverage more affordable to those who have to buy their own insurance, and strengthening the Child Health Insurance Program.
- Call Rep. Rice office at 516-739-3008 and contact her on social media platforms. Tell her to reverse her position, and instead support strong measures to lower drug prices for people in the US.
- Sign this petition: https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/telll-rep-kathleen-rice-fight-for-new-yorkers-not-big-pharma/
Citizen Action of NY
Health Care for America Now/NYS Network
Indivisible Nassau County
Long Island Activists
Long Island Progressive Coalition
Lower Drug Prices Now
Metro NY Health Care for All
Nassau County DSA
New York Progressive Action Network
NYS Alliance for Retired Americans
Together We Will Long Island
Upper West Side MoveOn/Indivisible Action Group