Start: Wednesday, September 22, 2021• 9:00 AM
End: Wednesday, September 22, 2021• 4:00 PM
Whether we’re Black or white, Latino or Asian, Indigenous or newcomer, we want our families to be healthy and whole. But today, as Ohioans march together in anger and mourning over the brutal shootings of Black Americans by police, a handful of politicians are trying to turn us against one another. They hope that by spreading lies about our collective demands for justice and silencing us by criminalizing peaceful public witness, we will turn against these efforts to ensure a better future for us all. We reject their attempts to divide us, and we will raise our voices together for Andre Hill, George Floyd, and Casey Goodson Jr, until justice is truly for all.
Join us as we meet at the statehouse to stomp out anti-protest bills as we educate legislators on why these bills are bad for Ohioans. (HB 22, HB 109 & SB 41). Connect with others who want to stop these bills, pack the schedules of Ohio legislators and rally outside the statehouse on September 22nd. You are welcome to join for legislative visits 9am -4 pm and take a break for rally from 1-2pm or choose one. You must register in advance, here for legislative visits.
Sign-Up to join a pre-planned group visiting legislators.
- We’ll be based in the Galbreath Pavilion at the Ohio Theatre.
- We'll provide training via zoom leading up to Statehouse Stomp and we'll provide training first thing in the morning on September 22nd.
- We ask for your zip code so we can attempt to arrange a visit with your legislator or a legislator nearby. We can't make any guarantees which legislators you will visit. It will depend on who responds to our request.
- We'll try to group you with 2-3 other people in your area. If you already have a group of 3-4, please provide the names of your group members. We will do our best to keep you together, but can't guarantee it. (All group members MUST register for us to attempt to schedule you.)
- We'll provide bagels and coffee for breakfast and a box lunch.
Trainings To Attend
(We ask that you attend at least one Fundamentals of Legislative Visits & Making The Ask training if you are registering for legislative visits). Once you register for the Statehouse Stomp, you will get information to register for the trainings below.
Rally, 1-2pm - Masked and social distanced. On the Statehouse Steps (outside).
Legislative Visits - We invite you to Columbus to join us for the rally and in-person legislative visits. We ask that you be fully vaccinated, if possible. Masks will be required in the Galbreath Pavilion (in the basement of the Ohio Theatre, where we will have our home base for the day and morning training). The Galbreath is a large indoor space with plenty of room to spread out.
Some legislators do not schedule Zoom visits, but we are working to get one or two set up for those who do not want to be in-person at all. If you want to attend the rally and would like to do the virtual visit(s), you are welcome to spread out in the Galbreath Pavilion and use the wifi there or use Columbus Commons Park if it's a nice day. If you prefer Zoom please indicate that on the form when you sign up.
9:30 am - 10:00 am Training - Successful Legislative Visit Tips
10:00 am - 1:00 pm Legislator visits
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm LUNCH - grab a box lunch between visits
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Rally on the Statehouse steps
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Legislator Visits