Supervising Organizers: Essential Skills
Start: Monday, November 30, 2020•10:30 AM • Central Daylight Time (US & Canada) (GMT-05:00)
End: Wednesday, December 02, 2020• 3:00 PM • Central Daylight Time (US & Canada) (GMT-05:00)
Host Contact Info: email@example.com
Meet this moment with us: sharpen your organizing skills with us in an intimate, interactive online training.
Over the course of three days, you will:
- Connect with other supervisors about how the events of 2020 have impacted our work
- Learn to align your vision for justice with your role as supervisor
- Understand how to build effective teams
- Learn to teach organizers to think strategically
- Hone a realistic workplan
- Become prepared to have difficult conversations
3 day training: November 30, December 1, & 2
Daily timing: 10:30 AM - 3:00 PM, Central Time -- including 1 hour break for lunch, plus other breaks throughout. Feel free to snack and do your thing - we are all in this together!
OPTIONAL Coffee Hour: December 1 at 9:30 AM, Central Time -- join us for an informal conversation with your fellow organizers and trainers. This is a time that can be a deeper dive into specific topics, or just a chance to connect (since we can't in the halls and over meals!).
We are offering a sliding scale for these online trainings because we want them to be accessible to everyone.
During registration, you will be asked to select your organizational budget. The amount you will be charged is displayed there as well.
After registration, you will receive TWO emails - one automatically from Action Network; one from Midwest Academy with your invoice and a payment link (that one might take a few business days).
- We will cap each training at 24 people. Expect to participate in discussions in the full group as well as in breakout rooms.
- We will use Zoom for all trainings. If you can, we'd love for you to connect by app. There are annotation and interaction features not available through browser (though we will adapt to browser-users as well!).
- Shortly before the training, you will receive an email with some more details, including the Zoom meeting link and password. This will be password-protected.
If you have ANY questions or concerns, please reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org