Teach in for Protecting SRKW’s at Friends of the San Juans’ Annual Meeting
Start: Saturday, September 15, 2018• 1:00 PM
Join us at the Friends of the San Juans Annual Meeting and unit your voice with others around the region to tell our decision makers that we demand protection for the Salish Sea. We will also be joined by Special Guest Hon. Kevin Ranker, Senator 40th.
- Learn about Governor Inslee's Southern Resident Killer Whales Task Force and how you can get involved from Senator Ranker and our Marine Protection Program Director, Lovel Pratt.
- Tour a beach restoration site on Blind Bay with our Science Director, Tina Whitman who will discuss how protection and restoration of forage fish and salmon habitat supports our Southern Residents.
- Celebrate the win in Canada for the protection of the people and Southern Resident Killer Whales and the leadership of First Nations in the fight against the expansion of the Trans Mountain Pipeline. On Thursday, The Federal Court of Appeals of Canada rejected the government's approval of the pipeline! Click here to learn more about how concerns over the Southern Residents helped with the decision.
- Be part of the Salish Sea Day of Action. Click here to learn more about the events happening all around the region.
- Learn about actions you can take to protect what we love.
We will also have an optional hike to Reef Net Point on the Graham Trail before the meeting at 10:45 a.m. (meet at the Community Center).
Optional lunch is $35. Please RSVP by September 11th. Click here to register or call the Friends office at 360-378-2319.
Transportation to/from the ferry is provided - please let us know if you need a ride when you register.