Are you EcoTalented?
Do you want to work in the environment and food sector?
We believe that the environmental sector should be as diverse and include as many voices as possible. If you are aged 18-24 and are passionate about the environment, climate, healthy, sustainable and delicious food, but can't see a way to work in these fields, we might be able to help.
Feedback is supported by Our Bright Future to offer a significant number of EcoTalent work placements with environmental organisations. Each placement lasts around 15 weeks and is paid at the London or UK Living Wage.
We acknowledge that people from certain backgrounds are under-represented in the environmental sector and we’re committed to doing what we can to correct this. We are particularly keen to receive applications from:
· Black, Asian and minority ethnic people
· People from low-income backgrounds and/or who identify as working class (or have done so in the past)
· People who identify as being LGTBQIA
· People who are passionate about the environment and want to take action against climate change but have not studied a relevant subject at college or university.
· People who have studied a relevant subject at university but have not been able to secure paid employment in that sector within a year of graduating.
· People who are interested in training in practical food delivery (cooking or growing) with a sustainable focus but have little or no previous professional experience.
· People who are interested in environmental campaigning but do not feel confident in how to go about this
· We are also keen to make internships available to disabled people. We understand that this will need to be reviewed on a per-placement basis, depending on the particulars of the organisation (e.g. their premises) and the role available (e.g. duties to be undertaken)
Placements will be made with host organisations working across food and the environment.
To find out more see our FAQ sheet for young people here
If you're an organisation interesting in hosting an EcoTalent placement, take a look at our FAQ's for host organisations here and/or get in touch with our EcoTalent Project Manager Claire Woodhill via email to email@example.com
EcoTalent opportunities will be advertised on our website when available, sign up here to be the first to hear about new placements, and to apply.