Kentucky Digital Organizing School for Electoral Campaigns May 28-31 2018
Kentucky needs trained digital staffers for Democratic campaigns. I work in digital and I see how all over the state that Democrats could win more elections if there were properly trained staffers across all 120 counties. I am partnering with Beth Becker, a renowned digital trainer and active digital practitioner for this 4 day immersive training in Digital Organizing which includes hands-on, in-depth training specifically for electoral campaigning on topics like:
- Building a digital campaign strategy
- Mapping engagement paths for your supporters
- Best practices for building websites, writing email blasts, managing social media and other digital organizing tasks.
- Data Collection
- Social media strategy
- Facebook and Instagram ads
- Integrating digital tactics with offline organizing
- Digital Rapid Response
- Video for social media
- Follow up opportunities for mentorship, additional training, and support for the 2020 election cycle here in Kentucky for state and local races.
Who should apply for the Kentucky Digital Organizing School?
You: need to have a desire to learn, be hungry to help flip seats in Kentucky legislature/local races, and not be afraid of your computer. You could have worked in campaigns before, but not essential.
Women, people of color, LGBTQ, rural folks, are highly encouraged to apply. There will be a few seats made available for allied advocacy organizations.
- Have a computer that you can bring. This work requires it.
- Want to work in Kentucky 2020 election cycle, preferably in state house races, as well as state senate or local races. Working on presidential and federal level campaigns are great goals, but the focus of this training is to increase digital staffers for Kentucky state campaigns with the goal to flip the state house. (unless you are with allied advocacy groups)
Costs to attend
Costs are designed to be very reasonable. Similar trainings are $2000 plus which is hard for many people in Kentucky. We are making this training as accessible as possible at $350 for 4 days of training in Louisville. Breakfast and lunch are included. Housing is not included, but I can be a resource to help find places for you to stay. There will be a few scholarships available for need.
Deadline to apply March 7th
We have a maximum of 40 spaces and we will be assessing applications received by March 7th. We will be letting people know by March 12th with payment information to be returned. It is possible that we may open the application for more people if we are not at 40 people.
Please fill out the application and share with people that you think would be a good fit for this training.
Questions of any kind? Please reach out to me at Beth.firstname.lastname@example.org