Sign up to learn more!
THE DEVIL WE KNOW: DuPont and 3M poisoning the world.
Film screening and panel discussion about PFAS in drinking water nationally and in New Hampshire. We invite you to learn about the health concerns from exposure to this chemical and how we can protect water quality and our children.
THE FILM The Devil We Know is the story of how one synthetic chemical, used to make Teflon products, contaminated a West Virginia community. New research suggests nearly all Americans have been exposed to non-stick chemicals in food, drinking water, and consumer products and that it’s in our blood.
Each showing will include a panel of experts and meaningful actions that you can take to demand clean drinking water in New Hampshire.
• NH HAS THE HIGHEST CHILDHOOD CANCER RATE IN THE NATION.
• NH has the highest rates of pediatric, breast, bladder and esophageal cancer in the country. We also have a pediatric cancer cluster in the Seacoast. We know that about 50% or more of cancers can be prevented by limiting exposure to environmental toxins.
• We want the commission to be re-established to implement a state-wide tracking program for environmentally-triggered disease prevention. We need to continue the important work that the HB511 Commission started that made the NHDES and NHDHHS work together to solve this problem.
• The state is currently starting a process to determine safe levels of per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) in our drinking water.
• Due to industry and other pressure, the state has proposed to enact standards similar to the EPA advisories, which are not considered stringent enough.
• States like New Jersey, Vermont, and Minnesota have enacted regulations on PFOA chemicals in drinking water to protect their citizens from these toxins.
• European and some U.S. scientists say THERE IS NO SAFE LEVEL OF THESE TOXIC CHEMICALS IN OUR WATER.
TAKE ACTION NOW - sign up for a free screening of the film!
|March 21||Durham||6-8:00 pm||Durham Public Library||49 Madbury Road||http://bit.ly/durhamdwk|
|April 1||Lebanon||6-8:00 pm||Lebanon Masonic Lodge||25 Green Street||https://bit.ly/lebanondwk|
|March 27||Newington||6-8:00 pm||Newington Town Office||205 Nimble Hill Road||http://bit.ly/newingtondwk|
|April 10||South Hampton||6-8:00 pm||Jewel Vineyard||183 Whitehall Rd, Amesbury||http://bit.ly/southhamptondwk|
|April 18||Hudson||6-8:00 pm||Hudson Libary||194 Derry St, Hudson, NH 03051||http://bit.ly/hudsondwk|
More screenings to come. Thank you!
New Hampshire Safe Water Alliance