New Hampshire Safe Water Alliance
NH Safe Water Alliance has accomplished much since its January 2017 inception.
To date, the Alliance has:
1) Created a core group of committed citizens and officials, meeting regularly to develop strategies;
2) Registered NHSWA’s name with the NH Secretary of State;
3) Developed and sponsored groundbreaking legislation for water safety and chronic disease monitoring based on environmental exposure;
4) Raised private funds for surface water testing near the Superfund site;
5) Participated and presented in national efforts to promote legislative and awareness efforts;
6) Created NHSWA collateral materials;
7) Made numerous presentations to community groups;
8) Presented questions and findings to state and federal regulators at multiple meetings;
9) Developed relationships with media to create public awareness;
10) Developed a tutorial kit for citizens’ legislative action;
11) Provided research, testimony, advocacy and support for state legislation; and,
12) Participate in several statutory commissions working on various ways to prevent cancer and chronic disease in NH.