Since April 1, 2021 (over a year now!) 1,100 union coal miners in Alabama have been on strike against their employer, Warrior Met Coal, Inc. Please help us support the families of these UMWA Locals in Brookwood, Alabama by making a donation today!
Hometown Action is part of a growing coalition of grassroots organizations fighting for the rights of the working class as we recover from the intersecting crises of economic distress, racial injustice, the pandemic and climate change.
We believe all Alabama workers deserve good jobs with employers that prioritize the health and resilience of our communities.
85% of your contribution will directly benefit striking Alabama miners and their families via The Valley Labor Report's mutual aid fund, with the remaining 15% supporting Hometown Action's rural organizing for more sustainable, resilient communities for Alabama workers.
Contribute what you can to help us help Alabama's striking miners and our struggling rural communities.