Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Climate Action Coalition
Sign up to receive our meeting invitations and updates on our campaigns across the region.
We see our role as supportive, but also strongly holding the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority to account on the recommendations of its Full Climate Report. Furthermore, our purpose is to monitor the activities of the Combined Authority to ensure that its actions, either planned or actual, are consistent with the Climate and Ecological Emergency.
As the CPCAC is still in a formation stage, we are currently contacting environmental groups in our region and formalising our role as a conduit and amplifier of environmental voices across the jurisdiction of the Combined Authority.
We also encourage participation from non-members and act upon recommendations from organisations and individuals outside of our formal membership.
We meet monthly online to discuss our participation in the Combined Authority's Climate Working Group, to organise our activities and to support the campaigning of our member organisations. Membership is not required to join our online monthly meetings.
Coordinator - Steve Wakefield - firstname.lastname@example.org
General Information - email@example.com
Our member organisations (as of March 2022)
- Cambridgeshire Climate Emergency
- East Cambs Climate Action Network (CAN)
- Eco Ely
- Friends of the Earth (Cambridge)
- Millfield Community Fridge (Peterborough)
- Neot Zero (St Neots)
- On the Edge (village affinity group of XR Cambridge)
- Peakirk Climate Emergency Group
- People Opposing Woodhurst Incinerator
- People's Plastic Revolution
- Peterborough Environment City Trust (PECT)
- Peterborough in Transition
- Peterborough Litter Wombles
- Refill Shop St Neots
- Save Honey Hill Campaign
- Smarter Cambridge Transport
- St Ives Refill Centre
- Wisbech Without Incineration
- Woodland Trust (Cambridgeshire)
- and individuals across Cambridgeshire & Peterborough