Global Myanmar Spring Revolution - ကမ္ဘာလုံးဆိုင်ရာ မြန်မာ့နွေဦးတော်လှန်ရေး
Established Date - 10 April 2021
Participants - Myanmar youth activists worldwide, CDMers, Myanmar students worldwide, Democracy activists & Human Rights GMSR, Myanmar diasporas from all different sectors.
What is GMSR (Global Myanmar Spring Revolution)?
Coordination body of worldwide Myanmar diaspora communities leading campaigns for the cause of Federal Democracy in Myanmar.
Objective of GMSR
- To build a network of Myanmar diaspora communities across the world in organising campaigns to raise awareness about injustice and human right abuses following the coup in Myanmar.
- To represent the true voice of Myanmar people regarding the actual situations within Myanmar.
- To call for world leaders to take strong, coordinated and immediate actions to stop the Myanmar Fascist Military from arbitrarily arresting, using lethal force against peaceful demonstrators, continuing display of violence towards the citizens of Myanmar to install fear, enforcing disappearances and kidnapping, torturing and killing the citizens of Myanmar.
- To raise funds to support the need of humanitarian assistance in response to the crisis in Myanmar caused by illegal military coup and the outbreak of Covid-19 delta variants.
GMSR successful campaigns
Myanmar communities from 45 cities in 25 countries are currently participating in GMSR world wide global protests. Below are the highlights of our successful protests worldwide:
- May 2nd, the first world wide global protest
- June 11th & 12th, G7 world wide global protest
- July 17th & 18th, the world wide Martyrs’ Day global protest
- September 11th & 12th, Call to UN to recognise U Kyaw Moe Tun's and NUG delegation's Credentials
GMSR social media platform